1. Make pasta dough and roll out to the “1” setting.. Cut into 5X7 rectangles and keep refrigerated and covered.
2. Heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add chopped garlic, walnuts and cleaned spinach. Saute
for about 1 minute until spinach has wilted. Place mixture in blender and puree.
3. Place pureed mixture in a bowl. Incorporate hemp oil, cream cheese and heavy cream. Wash and dry basil leaves. Thinly slice basil leaves and combine. Reserve.
4. Peel eggplant and cut into cubes. In a medium sized saucepan add eggplant, olive oil, whole peeled garlic cloves and thyme sprigs. Let this mixture slowly simmer over low-medium heat for about twenty minutes. The garlic should be soft and lightly brown. If the garlic begins to burn it should be discarded.
Allow mixture to cool for 30 minutes and puree in a blender until velvety. Season and reserve.
5. In salted boiling water add pasta sheets and cook for about one and half minutes. Remove from
water and pat dry. Heat spinach mixture and add to center of manicotti and roll. Heat the eggplant mixture to slightly warmer than room temperature and serve.