1. Rinse rice in water. Combine rinsed rice with 2 cups of water and cook over low-medium heat until rice is tender.
2. In a separate saute pan combine vinegar, salt and sugar and bring to a boil. Once the sugar and salt dissolve, add it to the already cooked rice. Let rice cook quickly by either fanning it or by agitating the rice with a fork.
3. Put a pot of salted water on stove to boil. Once water has reached a boil add asparagus. Cook
asparagus for 1 minute and 30 seconds. Refresh in an ice bath.
4. Cut out a very small sliver of avocado. Reserve.
5. Wash the green onion.
6. Add 1 tablespoon of water to the wasabi powder. Mix well.
7. Place rice on bamboo mat the same area as the nori sheet. Spread a half a teaspoon of wasabi
paste across the rice. One inch from the bottom place the vegetables. Lay the nori sheet on top of the rice and the vegetables. Slowly fold the bamboo mat over and begin to roll the rice over the vegetables as if making a jelly-roll.
8. Spread hulled hemp seed on flat work surface and roll the maki in the hulled hemp seed. Slice with sharp knife.